All about SpeedOf.Me Internet Test or HTML5 Speed Test Online: Overview, Procedures, Internet Metrics (ping, IP, servers, upload speed, download speed test), Pros & Pons, and additional features of Speed Of Me internet speed meter.
What is my net speed? Am I getting the internet speed I am paying for? How can I check the Wi-Fi speed on my laptop and mobile device? Is there any convenient, accurate, and fast broadband internet speed test tool online? If you are looking for detailed and reliable answers to these queries, you are at the right place. Continue reading further as we will be covering all your queries in our today’s discussion about the SpeedOf.Me HTML5 internet speed test.
The tool utilizes numerous servers (127 plus) located around the world and automatically choose the reliable server while measuring speed test for speed and reliability. The eye-catching graphical interface and the accurate test results keep Speedofme ahead of other bandwidth testing service providers.
Other Names of SpeedOfMe Speed Test
- SpeedOfMe HTML5 Speed Test
- Me HTML Speed Test
- Speed Of Me Test
- Internet Test with speedof.me
Outstanding Features of Speed of Me HTML5 Speed Test
Being one of the HTML5 speed test service providers, Speed Of Me has numerous outstanding features that are mentioned below.
- Flash and Java-free technology
- Entirely based on HTML5 advanced science and tech
- Fast and maintain a high level of accuracy
- Lightweight tool
- No necessity for any application download (saves your device storage). It works well in desktop and mobile browsers.
- Eye-catchy interface and real-time graphical presentation
- Reflects actual browsing and download experience
- No need to create a user account to perform the speed test and to download the test result report.
How to Perform Internet Speed Test
Internet users can access Speedof.me through the browser on the computer or the mobile device. There is no app to run a speed test. It is readily available at speedof.me.
- Stop all internet activities including file downloads, torrents, updates, etc.
- Open your preferred browser on a computer or mobile device and type in speedof.me or https://speedof.me. It is an HTTPS secured site.
- The tool will automatically connect you to your ISP and the nearest host or server (among 127 + servers or PoP worldwide). You don’t have the option to change the server. So, proceed to run the speed test with the automatically chosen server.
- Click on the large “START TEST” button under the TEST section. The SpeedOf.Me HTML speed test will start to run the speed check and measure your download speed first, and then the upload speed.
- When the test is over, you will see the result interface with graphs and speed metrics. The yellow graph represents the upload speed whereas the blue graph depicts the download speed. You will also get information about Latency, IP address, and the Test Server.
- Run the Speed Of Me speed test multiple times. Compare your test result with the previous speed test results to get an idea of whether your Wi-Fi or fixed broadband internet is working fine or there are some issues.
Under Test Option, you will see the “START TEST” button to start the internet speed test.
When the Speed Of Me test is finished you can share the test result image to Facebook, Twitter, and other social networks by clicking on the “Share” button. You can also save the link (URL) of the test result for further use.
The test history chart shows the previous test results. You can compare the speed results.
Download/Upload buttons in the right corner of the graph can be used to hide part of the respective graph. The export/Print button in the upper right corner of the graph is used to export the test graph to PNG, JPEG, and other formats or to print.
Move the mouse cursor to a specific location on the graph to see the exact value for that specific time. Similarly, ‘zoom in’ on the graph to see more details by dragging your mouse cursor over the graph., and to return to the normal view (zoom out) click the “Reset zoom” button in the upper right corner of the graph.
Speed Of Me HTML5 Internet Speed Test Results
The test result interface of the speedof.me tool gives information about the following internet parameters.
Latency or ping in the test result is the time it takes for a data package to travel electronically from a server/website to your device after you request it. Simply, the ping test in Speed Of Me measures the elapsed time between sending and receiving signals (data).
Download speed in the test result of SpeedOfMe is defined as the rate in megabits-per-second (Mbps or Mb/s) that data (or information) is transferred from the internet to your device. It is the maximum amount of information your device can receive from the internet in a given second. The download speed in the test result is what most internet users usually think of as internet speed. A higher download speed result means you can easily stream higher resolution videos, download files, or access websites faster.
It is the reverse process of the download speed. Upload speed in the result is defined as the rate in megabits-per-second (Mbps or Mb/s) that data (or information) is delivered from your device to the internet. A higher upload speed makes posting files, images, or videos to social media or other sites faster.
The IP address seen in the test result is like your home address to the computer network. Like you can receive parcels at your home address, your requested information from the internet can reach your device back specifically with the help of the network IP address.
SpeedOf.Me hosts its sample files on CDN. It benefits from 127 (and counting) super servers called PoP. Each PoP may utilize several servers. They are located in various places around the world near primary Internet exchange points.
SpeedOf.Me Pop (Server) Locations
- HONG KONG (4)
- SINGAPORE (4)
- TOKYO (4)
- AMSTERDAM (5)
- FRANKFURT (3)
- LONDON (6)
- PARIS (2)
- STOCKHOLM (4)
- SYDNEY (3)
- BUENOS AIRES (2)
- RIO DE JANEIRO
- SAO PAULO
- ASHBURN (5)
- ATLANTA (3)
- BOSTON (3)
- CHICAGO (6)
- DALLAS (3)
- DENVER (3)
- LAS VEGAS
- LOS ANGELES (8)
- MEXICO CITY
- MIAMI (4)
- NEW YORK (3)
- NEWARK (2)
- SAN JOSE (5)
- SANTIAGO DE QUERETARO
- SEATTLE (2)
Pros and Cons of Speedofme HTML Speed Test
The SpeedOf.Me internet speed checker has numerous pros and negligible cons which are mentioned below.
The Speed Of Me test meter is featured with several useful broadband speed metrics. In addition to information about the download and upload speed of your internet, the HTML5 speed test tool offers additional information: latency or ping, test server, IP address, and maximum upload and download speed.
Another impressive feature of Speedofme is the consistent results for whichever platform is used. Whether you use the desktop browser or mobile browser, you can rely on the speed information to be accurate at all times.
Being a lightweight tool, it runs quickly and smoothly. Similarly, over 127 servers located across six continents provide accurate and reliable speed test results.
Another feature that makes the Speedof.me far ahead of other speed websites on the internet is its test result history storage. The HTML5 speed tester offers to store a complete history of your test results on the website. At any time, you can access the results of every Speedofme test you’ve ever run, with details on time, date, and more.
Finally, you can’t forget the visually appealing interface of SpeedOf.Me website. It is designed for smart, graphical looks and easy navigation.
The pros of speedof.me always outweighs the cons. Still, there are few things that users don’t find appealing. You can’t change the metrics unit displayed in the results. For example, if you want to view download and upload speed in Kbps or megabytes, you can’t do so.
Another drawback of this HTML speed checker is the lack of user account access. As a consequence, you can’t keep a longer history of results.
Other things that users don’t like about speedofme are the less attractive interface and the display of unappealing ads.
|Lightweight||Not so attractive graphics|
|Widely distributed test servers (PoPs)||No option to choose test result units (e.g., Mbps to Kbps)|
|Features to Share and save test results||No registration available|
|No App required. Works well with mobile and desktop browsers||Unappealing ads|
|Keeps test result history|
How can I improve my SpeedOf.Me Speed Test Result
Here are some different ways to enhance your speedofme test result. To improve test results means to boost your fixed broadband or mobile internet speed so you can browse the internet and do online activities at faster connection speeds than before.
Reboot Your Modem/Router
Rebooting your router can help boost your speeds. Most technology needs occasionally rebooting to work at their most efficient and that applies to routers too.
Use Ethernet Instead of Wi-Fi
Before running the speedofme internet speed test, connect your computer to the router via an ethernet cable to get the reliable test results.
Update your Computer
Update the operating system as well as any other core apps such as anti-virus software before running an internet speed test.
Why are SpeedOf.Me test results different than other internet speed tests?
SpeedOf.Me replicates real-world browsing and downloading conditions making it a unique speed test tool. There are some reasons why you can’t compare this speed checker with other tools.
- It is a single-threaded test. It means a single connection is used to download a sample file, and it is practically what users do in all internet activities. But other internet speed check tools use multi-threaded tests. The multi-threaded test only estimates the speed (not calculate).
- The HTML5 test meter uses CND (with super-fast Terabit connections) to host its sample files
- PowerBoost or similar speed enhancement tools don’t impact the unique algorithm of the Speed Of Me.
Perform Internet Speed Test Now!
I hope you got sufficient information about the SpeedOf.Me. Now, it’s time to check your current internet speed on the browser, either on your computer or on your mobile device. Our net speed tool is also powered by the HTML5 speed test tool, OpenSpeedTest. It’s a good idea to check your broadband internet speed using different speed test tools. So, first, check your bandwidth speed here, and compare the result with the Speed Of Me.
Hey! Wanna know the best internet service providers (ISPs) in your country? Check this out.